So, I have a few more (hopefully) thought-provoking “looking back at 2014” items to post. I’d hoped to have them posted yesterday, but it’s astounding, time is fleeting.
The title of the blog post I’m referencing is a bit too broad as it focuses on mainly on changes in technology. I think the list he shares is interesting, especially as we consider how these shifts relate specifically to education:
- We went from people searching for things to things finding people.
- The smartphone became a remote for the real world.
- New platforms were born (he has a good info graphic for this)
- Virtual reality became more than just a gaming platform
- We learned that the next smart devices won’t be phones.
- Personalization became universal.
- Content became king again.
- Urbanization returned to the U.S.
- Mindfulness and nutrition were more prevalent than ever.
- Gender inequality in tech finally got more attention.